Named for the French aristocrat and hero of the American Revolution, Lafayette College was founded in 1826 as an all-male liberal arts college. Today it offers 47 degree programs for men and women. In addition to academics, the college offers 250 student clubs and activities, as well as 23 NCAA Division I sports. The school is situated on 340 acres and has an endowment of more than $600 million.
- Hours: Admissions office: Mon - Fri, 8:45am - 9pm; Sat - Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1826
- Number of students: 2406
- Male-to-female ratio: 53 percent men, 47 percent women
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: none
- Accreditation/licenses: The college is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The school's various engineering programs are accredited by Engineering Accreditation Commission of the ABET.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10.6:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 206 full time