Good morning everyone. We're midway through this week, so let's see what's on tap for what's shaping up to be a pretty musical weekend in Easton.
1. It's Spud Day at the Easton Farmers' Market Saturday. Vendors will be offering a variety of potato dishes, including a Mashed Potato Bar. There's a Mr. Potato Head contest, music by Carter Lansing, and a chance to win a 10-pound bag of potatoes.
2. The guitar duo of Michael Newman and Laura Oltman are joined by acclaimed violinist Tim Fain—who composed music for the film 12 Years a Slave—Sunday at 3 p.m. at Lafayette College's Williams Center.
3. New Pony may be from Philadelphia, but its sound is New Orleans. Catch this "uniquely collaborative funk band" Friday at 10 p.m. at Porter's Pub.
4. The Easton Area High School Instrumental Music Association holds its annual concert/spaghetti dinner Saturday at 5:30 p.m. at the high school.
5. It's jazz night at the Lafayette Bar on North Fourth Street. This weekend's line up: the Rich Messbauer Trio with Michelle Glick. Showtime is 9:30, Saturday night.
6. Two Rivers Brewing Co. hosts Steve Brosky Friday at 9 p.m.
7. The School of Rock showcases the music of Wilco with two shows at Rivals, at 5 Lehns Court: Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 5 p.m