For nearly 100 years, the Buck family has been giving to Lafayette College.
On Wednesday night, the Easton college will honor that generosity with a reception and dinner with new President Alison Byerly.
The family will be represented by Bill Buck, the last surviving member of the family with ties to the college.
According to Lafayette, the family's gifts include:
- The Buck Family Endowment Fund for Music which was endowed in 1981 by Grace Buck and her three sons. Supports instructional programs in music.
- J. Mahlon Buck Library Fund (endowed in 1959 by J. Mahlon Buck ’21 William C. Buck ’50 and Alexander K. Buck ’53). Used for books on music and recordings.
- The Music Room in the Skillman Library
- The Buck Concert Series was endowed in 1970. Grace Buck took a personal interest in these performances and attended several. The J. Mahlon & Grace Buck Concert will take place Feb. 2, 2014 (Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, with violinist Vadim Repin).
- The "Buck Courts" for squash are named in recognition of their generosity to the Lafayette Leadership Campaign. They were dedicated in 2000.