With four weeks to go until the Nov. 5 election, voters will need as much information as possible to help them make an informed decision at the polls.
Granted, here in Easton, a lot of the races were decided in May's primary. But there are still county races, and a city council race in Easton's West Ward.
If you're among those running for local office, we invite you to blog on the Easton PAtch.
With our blogging platform, candidates for office can:
- Promote upcoming appearances, fundraisers and door-to-door schedules.
- Present platforms and discuss the issues facing the community.
- Call out to volunteers and seek places to post your campaign sign.
All candidates are invited to blog on Patch, whether you are running for county office or municipal office.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Go to the (YOUR PATCH) homepage.
2. "Sign In" on the upper right side of the page if you already have an account, or click on "Join." (Follow instructions to confirm your account).
5. Click on “Edit Profile” on the right and add a photo and a brief bio.
Here’s how to start a blog:
1. On the Easton Patch homepage, scroll down to “Who’s Blogging?” (It's below “News & Blogs.”)
2. Click on the “Start blogging” button.
3. Name your blog, provide a description and choose or upload a blog icon.
4. Click on “Create your blog.”
5. Now, you can “Write your first post” by choosing Article (upload a photo too). You can also “dress up your blog” with photos or tell people about it.
6. Click ‘Post Now.’ You're live on the site! (If you are not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.)Need to know more about blogging? Send an email to email@example.com.