Good morning everyone. Friday is here
1. Dozens of local restaurants will offer up their take on chili Sunday at Pearly Baker's annual Chili Cook-Off. Doors open at 11 a.m. Expect long lines, a crowded restaurant, and delicious offerings. And don't worry about the big game: This event is usually timed for people to be in front of the TV before kickoff.
2. Jazz guitarist Frank DiBussolo plays Saturday night at the Lafayette Bar's jazz night, from 9 p.m. to midnight.
3. The State Theatre holds a birthday party for Elvis tonight at 7:30. The 17th Elvis Birthday Bash features Scot Bruce as the shot-from-the-waist-up 1950s version of Elvis, while Mike Albert brings you the 1970s, Las Vegas mainstay Elvis. Also at the State this weekend: the children's musical Pinkalicious!, with shows at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday.
4. Easton's The Denim Project is holding a fashion photo shoot Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The shoot is part of a feature piece in Evolution Magazine combining The Denim Project, The Grand Eastonian, and Raleigh Denim (a brand of jeans sold exclusively at the store). Tell them that you read about this, and get 10 percent of your purchase Saturday.
5. DJ Kaos spins funk, soul and old-school hip hop Saturday night from 8 until midnight at Black & Blue.
6. The flamenco touring group Noche Flamenco performs Saturday at 8 p.m. at Lafayette College's Williams Center.