Good morning everyone. We're halfway through the month already. September seemed to drag for some reason, while October is flying by. Anyway, here's five things to know today.
1. Easton's Zoning Hearing Board meets this evening at 6:30 at city hall.
2. ExxonMobil officials Stephen D. Pryor and Jack Neal will discuss fracking Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Lafayette College's Oechsle Hall auditorium.
3. Easton's newest restaurant, Casera's, holds its grand opening Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. The eatery, located at 134 N. 2nd St., serves Spanish/Caribbean food.
4. Are you signed up for our newsletter? It's a great way to stay on top of what we're doing and get breaking news alerts.
5. Today is Oct. 15. Mikhail Gorbachev won the Nobel Peace Prize 22 years ago today. He spoke in Easton last year.