Good morning, everyone. Welcome to a new week, and a new month, in Easton. Here's what's happening.
1. Get a preview of Easton's budget for 2013 tonight. Mayor Sal Panto is scheduled to present his budget for next year to city council at 6 on the sixth floor of city hall.
2. Also tonight, ProJeCt of Easton holds its annual Simply Savory Fundraiser, offering you the chance to sample food, wine and beer from a host of local restaurants. The event runs from 5:30 to 9 at the Hampton Inn on Route 248. Reservations are $75, and can be purchased at the event.
On the list this year are Blue, De Lorenzo’s Italian Restaurant, Edible Arrangements, Elizabeth Mulrine Culinary Events, Franklin Hill Vineyards, Green Harvest Food Emporium, Leaf, Marianna’s Pizza Café, Miguel’s, The Mint, Pearly Baker’s, Porters’ Pub, Rodale Catering & Events, Sangria, Solemio Italian Grille, Thyme Restaurant & Bar, Valenca, Vintage Restaurant & Bar, Weyerbacher Brewing and Widow’s Tavern.
3. The legendary Chilean music group Inti-Illimani performs Tuesday at the Easton Area Public Library at 7 p.m.
4. Do you like taking pictures? Upload the things you capture around Easton on our "Pics & Clips" page.
5. Today is Oct. 1. On this day in 1918, T.E. Lawrence -- better known as "Lawrence of Arabia" -- captured the city of Damascus during World War I. The movie about his life is 50 years old this year.