Good morning everyone. I'm back from vacation today, and offering a big thank you to Margie Peterson for keeping an eye on things while I was gone.
Here's five things to know today:
1. City Council meets Wednesday night at 6. Among the items on the agenda is a public hearing on the 2013 community development block grant.
2. Also meeting this week: the Easton Area School Board, Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. and the city's zoning hearing board, tonight at 6:30.
3. Students move back in at Thursday morning.
4. The final installment of this year's Movies in the Park is scheduled for this week:
- Aug. 21: Big Miracle, at the Easton Area Neighborhood Center
- Aug. 22: Big Miracle, at Nevin park
- Aug. 23: Big Miracle, at the Easton Area Community Center
5. Today is Aug. 20. The world's first round-the-world telegram was sent on this day in 1911.