Some weeks, our list of things to do in the weekend is devoted mostly to music-related events. Other weeks, it's art. This Friday, it's food -- whether it's Greek or Kenyan or flavored with garlic -- topping our list. Enjoy!
1. The Easton Garlic Fest is back this weekend for its 10th year in the city, for two days of food, drink, music and more. Festivities run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in and around Centre Square. Check out our story from last week about what's new this year, and visit eastongarlicfest.com for a complete lineup.
2. Have you ever had food from Kenya? You'll get your chance Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Easton's First Presbyterian Church. It's $15 for adults, $8 for students. Kids 5 and under eat for free.
3. Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church in Wilson hosts its second Greek food festival of the year tonight, Saturday and Sunday at the church, 20th and Hay Terrace.
4. Easton kicks off the first of four weekends devoted to Halloween events, leading up to the city's Haunted Walking Tour. First up is a "scary movie night" at Scott Park. It's Monsters Vs. Aliens on Saturday at 7 p.m., followed by the classic Night of the Living Dead at 9 p.m. (Weather Permitting)
5. It's not happening in Easton, but it benefits a city organization: head to Coca-Cola Park in Allentown Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for a day of softball and other fun activities to benefit the Easton Boys & Girls Club. Admission and parking are free.