Still have a Christmas tree sitting around? This week is your chance to get rid of it. Easton's public works department will begin collecting old Christmas trees this week. Here's the pick-up schedule:
- Monday, Jan. 7: College Hill
- Tuesday, Jan. 8: 10th Street east to Larry Holmes Drive
- Wednesday, Jan. 9: South Side and the Highlands
- Thursday, Jan. 10: 10th Street west to 15th Street
- Monday, Jan. 14: College Hill
- Tuesday, Jan. 15: 10th Street east to Larry Holmes Drive
- Wednesday, Jan. 16: South Side and the Highlands
- Thursday, Jan. 17: 10th Street west to 15th Street
You can leave your trees out at the curb, with all lights and decorations removed. They can be wrapped in plastic, but trees bound with rope or string won't be accepted because they could damage the chipper.
You can also drop off trees at the city recycling center at 500 Bushkill Drive, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.