It looks like the former Perkins and Marquis Theatre buildings will be around for one last summer.
The buildings will likely come down sometime in early autumn, said Tina Woolverton, secretary for the Easton Planning Department.
Though Mayor Sal Panto has previously stated he hoped the structures would be demolished by summer, the RFP for the demolition won't be prepared for another few weeks, she said in a phone interview on Monday.
After that, it will be at least a month before a company is awarded the bid.
Woolverton said she had no specific dates for anything, but only spoke from knowledge of the process.
“It's going to be a little while yet,” she said.
The demolition and prep work on the properties will likely take a few weeks, she added.
The new intermodal facility that will encompass both sites is expected to break ground on schedule sometime early next year.