Lehigh Valley Beer Week Comes to Easton
Porter's, Black & Blue and other venues plan special events as first-ever beer celebration hits the city.
Chances are you've heard of the Bermuda Triangle.
What about the Beermuda Triangle?
If you're a fan of locally brewered beers, you'll get a chance to visit it -- and hopefully not get lost -- as the inaugural Lehigh Valley Beer Week comes to Easton.
This first-ever celebration of high-quality local brews is spread across the entire Valley, and runs from today until Feb. 17. It involves 10 different breweries -- including Weyerbacher and Two Rivers in Easton -- and nearly 30 bars and restaurants.
In Easton, those venues include Porter's Pub, Black & Blue and -- again -- Two Rivers, which collectively make up what organizers are calling "the Beermuda Triangle," scene of a pub-crawl scheduled for this Saturday.
More accurately, it's called the Beermuda Triangle Pirate Pub Crawl, which means wearing pirate gear is encouraged. Hit all three locations and get your passport stamped -- you can pick those up at any of the three locations -- and you'll get a free Beermuda Triangle Pint Glass.
Black & Blue:
- Feb. 12 -- Go back in time as Black & Blue resurrects some of the former Weyerbacher Brew Pub menu items, while also serving Weyerbacher's beers and holding a trivia contest with vintage Weyerbacher prizes.
- Feb. 14 -- Not celebrating Valentine's Day? Neither is Black & Blue, apparently. This Thursday brings the "Bitches & Bastards Anti-Valentine’s Day," which features beers such as Stone Arrogant Bastard and Dogfish Head Bitches Brew.
- Feb. 16 -- The aforementioned Beermuda Triangle, plus a beer pairing dinner. Visit the Black & Blue website for more information.
- Feb. 12 -- "An evening with Sierra Nevada" featuring obscure beer/food pairings. This is a VIP event, with seating capped at 22 in the restaurant's Art Room.
- Feb. 13 -- "Weiney Wednesday," featuring beer/food pairings from Weihenstephan Beer. Another limited seating event.
- Feb. 15. -- "Around the World," which features beer/food pairings with imports from around the world. Once again, a limited seating event for 22 people.
- Feb. 17 --“Closing Ceremonies." Host Alex Forbes pairs beer/food in a multi-course Belgian brunch. This too, is a limited-seating event.
- Feb. 15 -- The Oskar Blues Brewery presents a beer and food event.
- Feb. 16 -- Three different Pennsylvania breweries will be on tap: Golden Avalanche, Round Guys, and Weyerbacher.
Porter's Pub plans to feature beers from PA brewers:
- Feb. 11 -- Victory and Troegs from Allentown
- Feb. 12 -- Shangy's of Doylestown
- Feb. 13 -- Fegley’s Brew Works Tap Takeover
- Feb. 14 -- Beers from Weyerbacher, Stoudts and Springhouse breweries.
- Feb. 15 -- "Freakin Firkin Friday" with Sly Fox, out of Phoenixville.
- Feb. 16 -- Beers from Shawnee raft, Lancaster, Free Will, plus music by the Quimby Mountain Band. Also: The Beermuda Triangle.
- Feb. 12 -- Beer dinner, feature beers from Fegley Brew Works.
- Feb. 11 -- Meet John Stemler of Free Will Brewing in Bucks County, plus try a beer/food pairing dinner.
- Feb. 16. -- Beermuda Triangle.