Have Something to Say? Blog on Easton Patch
We're always looking for new bloggers.
I want to take a moment this morning and thank all of our bloggers.
Whether it's Pamela Porter solving real estate riddles, Jonathan Gerard talking politics or health care, or Drew Stefancin ranting about 14,000 things that make him furious, they all bring unique, interesting voices to this site.
Beyond that, there's a few bloggers waiting in the wings, who had expressed interest in writing, but haven't posted yet (they'll be hearing from me today).
We're interested in having even more bloggers. And although when we started, our topics were all Easton-oriented, that's no longer the case. If you're from Easton, you're welcome to write about anything: politics, sports, movies, TV, health, education, food, etc.
We'd love to have a photo blogger as well, a local photographer interested in having an extra forum for their work.
If any of those things apply to you, check out our "How to guide" below in order to get started.
How to Blog on Patch
- Sign in to your Patch account (it’s free, too)
- Click, Start a Blog, under What’s Up With You?
- Click Post on Patch (Bookmark this link to make it even quicker)
- Write a Post and click Submit (You can include photos and videos)
Tips for Bloggers
- Blog what you love, what you are passionate about.
- Make it useful. Teach something.
- Make it easy to read: Use lists, bullet points, subheads and short paragraphs
- Make it a 2-minute read, or less: that’s about 600 words max.
- One post, one idea: keep it focused.
- Upload a profile photo for your Patch account
- Use clear, short titles that attract readers (see the titles of this page above).
- Encourage readers to comment on your blog.
- Read other blogs.
- Read the Patch Blogging Guidelines
Types of posts:
- Lists (Top 10 …; Five Things … etc.)
- Almost anything else …