8 Things to Do in Easton This Weekend
Sample the Superbowl of Chili at Pearly Baker's, jazz at Lafayette, and more...
Good morning everyone. Time once again to look at this weekend.
1. This Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday, which in Easton means the return of the Superbowl of Chili Cook-Off at Pearly Baker's. The event -- which involves chili from 25 local restaurants -- begins at 11 a.m. and goes to 2 p.m.
2. The Doug Hawk Proposition hosts a CD release party at Black & Blue, 683 Walnut St., Friday at 9 p.m.
3. Interested in learning yoga? You'll have two chances on Saturday, with $5 chair yoga classes being offered at 8 a.m. at the Williams Township municipal building, and Easton Yoga offering its own classes at 11:30 a.m.
4. Pianist Simon Mulligan performs Friday night at 8 p.m. at Noble Arts Pianos on Bushkill Street.
5. Lehigh University's Dr. William Scott will give a talk Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Sigal Museum on how Americans of African descent have struggled to find a collective name for themselves.
6. The Lafayette Bar hosts Kahlil Kwame Bell & The Gift, Saturday at 9 p.m.
7. Easton Area High School's orchestra holds its spaghetti dinner, Saturday at 5 p.m. at the high school.
8. The Mingus Bing Band -- a Grammy winning group which plays in tribute to the late jazz great Charles Mingus -- performs Friday night at Lafayette College's Williams Center.