Chili Pepper Fest Coming to Farmers' Market
The Easton Farmers' Market will celebrate chili peppers Saturday.
The red hot chili peppers are coming to Easton.
No, not those guys.
The second annual Chili Pepper Fest runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Centre Square and will "feature an array of scorching competitions including a hot pepper eating contest, salsa contest and hot sauce contest," the market said in a news release.
The day's schedule is:
- 9:30 am: Dan Lowenstein, owner of Red Hawk Premium Peppers, talks about growing hot peppers, plus advice on making your own salsa from Art Skrzenski of Easton Salsa Co.
- 10:00 a.m: Hot sauce and salsa contests. (Rules can be found at the farmers' market website.)
- 11:00 a.m: Chili pepper eating contest
- 12:00 p.m: Chef Demo and Book Signing by Steve Seabury, proprietor of High River Sauces and author of the Heavy Metal Cookbook, Mosh Potatoes
- 12:30 p.m: Sample fiery cocktails from some of Easton's nighspots.