6 Things to Do in Easton This Weekend
Sigal remembers aritst Samuel Moon, 'Fiddler on the Roof' in Wilson, and more...
On my first proper tour of the Sigal Museum, I tried to see as much of the building as I could.
But nothing there stayed with me like the paintings of Samuel Moon, an Easton artist who did portraits of some of the city's most prominent residents.
This weekend, the museum will begin "Many Moons Remembered," a 10-week tribute to Moon that includes a reception Sunday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The event will also include a presention by Melissa Hough, "Self-Taught Artist: Samuel Moon." The exhibit runs from March 17 to May 31.
Also this weekend:
- Wilson Area High School presents Fiddler on the Roof beginning Friday at the high school at 8 p.m., with other shows Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. To order tickets, call 484-373-6034.
- Josh Finck's Selectronics—joined by Dada Trash Collage—plays Saturday at 10 p.m. at Porter's Pub.
- Late Night Catechism continues its run at the State Theatre: Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Folk-singers Terry Kitchen and Loretta Hagen perform Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Gallery at St. John's.
- The Lafayette Bar's jazz night brings the Tom Goehring Quartet to town, Saturday at 9:30 p.m.