6 Things to Do in Easton This Weekend
The Music Man at Easton Area High School, jazz night at the Lafayette Bar, and more...
The weekend is almost here, so let's take a look at some of the things happening in/around Easton over the next few days.
1. The Music Man premieres Friday night at Easton Area High School. Showtimes are 7 p.m. on Friday, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
2. The Plaid Show is back for its 14th year, with local artists showing off their plaid-inspired works Sunday at the Gallery at St. John's. An opening reception will be held Sunday at the gallery from noon to 3 p.m., featuring a tribute to the late Easton author/artist/playwright William Marley.
3. The Lafayette Bar's Jazz Night brings the Jazz Fusion Trio to town Saturday from 9:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
4. Burlesque to Broadway, a tribute to "the women who defined burlesque and illuminated Broadway," comes to the State Theatre Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
5. ConneXions hosts "A Journey Through Mongoland," artwork by Will Hübscher, Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
6. This isn't really entertainment, but still useful: The Easton Block Watch is holding a mass recycling event Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the River of God Fellowship Church on Reynolds Street. At the same time/place, the block watch will offer free child fingerprinting and IDs to parents.