5 Things to Know Today, September 10
The Easton School Board visits Tracy Elementary, the Sigal Museum revisits Colonial America, and more...
Good morning, everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Time once again to gaze into the week ahead.
1. The Easton Area School Board holds one of its occasional "on-the-road committee meetings" Tuesday, convening at 6 p.m. at the Tracy Elementary school in Palmer Township.
2. Easton City Council meets Wednesday at 6 p.m.
3. The Sigal Museum begins its lecture series on Colonial America Tuesday morning.
4. Are you interested in blogging for us? Here's a quick and easy lesson in how to get started.
5. Today is Sept. 10. Two weirder-than-normal historical facts in this space today: 1. France was still executing people by guillotine until 1977. It was on this day that year that the country held its last execution in this manner. 2. On this day in 1897, the world's first DUI arrest took place in London, after a cab driver named George Smith crashed into a building.