5 Things to Know After the Hurricane
What's happening in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
Good morning everyone. I'm writing this Monday night, with my lights flickering and wind gusts rocketing down West Lincoln Street. I hope everyone's ok.
Here's five things to know in the wake of the storm.
1. If you lost power -- and thousands of people did in the Easton/Wilson area -- it's likely you've reported it to Met-Ed. If not, the utility's number is 888-544-4877.
2. School is closed today for: Easton, Wilson, Phillipsburg, Notre Dame, St. Jane, Lafayette College and all three local community colleges (although NCC might open after 6 p.m.)
3. Some readers have asked me about Easton's trick-or-treat night. For now, it's still scheduled for Wednesday night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., but city officials will decide today whether to move it.
4. The Easton Area Public Library has cancelled all of its programs for today.
5. I want to thank my readers -- especially the ones who are also Facebook followers -- for your help yesterday. It was good to know what was happening around the city, something I can't do on my own.