5 Things to Do in Easton This Weekend
Music Downtown, an Easter egg hunt at Cottingham Stadium, a benefit for Haiti, and more...
1. The city's Easter candy hunt is scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m. at Cottingham Stadium, at 11th and Church streets. Kids will be divided into two groups: ages 4-5 and 6-7. For more information, call 610-250-6711.
2. Lafayette College's Marquis Players present My Favorite Year, tonight at 8 p.m. and then again on Saturday at 3 p.n. at the Williams Center for the Arts. Based on the 1982 comedy of the same name, the play tells the story of a young television writer assigned to babysit an upredictable star prior to a live broadcast. Tickets are $5. For more information, call (518) 542-8858.
3. Greater Shiloh Church hosts Hope for Haiti, a benefit concert from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, featuring performances in French, English, Creole and Spanish. The church will take a free will donation, and offer dinner for $5.
4. Two shows at Porter's Pub this weekend: rockabilly group the Ultra Kings on Friday night, and MiZ, which mixes folk and rock, on Saturday. Both shows are at 10 p.m.
5. And two shows at Pearly Baker's as well: The Heavy Beat -- an Allentown quintet which bills itself as a reggae, soul, ska and dub outfit -- plays tonight at 10 p.m., while the rock band Darling Waste appears Saturday at 10 p.m.