10 Things to Do in Easton This Weekend
Movies at the Mill, Riverside Festival of the Arts, comedy, and a lot more...
Good morning everyone. It's a big, big weekend in Easton, so we're going beyond our normal five things to describe what's happening.
1. Movies at the Mill returns for its fourth year Saturday evening at 6 at the former Simon Silk Mill property. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Come check out short films from local and international directors. Visit http://moviesatthemill.com/ for more information.
3. Rescheduled from July: Easton-based comedian Liz Russo hosts an evening of stand-up featuring Jessica Kirson and Mark DeMayo. Sponsored by the Mayor's Office of Special Events, the free show starts at 8 tonight (Friday) at Riverside Park, and is meant for an 18-and-older audience.
4. The Easton Farmers' Market pays homage to the chili pepper Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Centre Square.
5. It's jazz night at the Lafayette Bar on Saturday, with the Floyd King Quartet performing at 9 p.m.
6. Our Garage Space presents its latest art show, Autumnality, tonight from 6 to 10 at 43 N. Sitgreaves St.
7. Dog Eat Dog -- a satire by playwright and Lafayette College visiting writer-in-residence Mary Gallagher -- goes on stage tonight and Saturday night at 8 at the college's Williams Center for the Performing Arts.
8. The iMiJ Shop holds its first "t-shirt show," tonight at 6, featuring silk screened shirts by Meuro Apparo, Johnny Risko, John Mortensen, Eva Di Orio, Mason J.A.R. Apparel, Karla Milosevich, James Alex Snyder and Sharkface Apparel. Live music by Mike and Jamie Cabreza, and live silk-screening by Risko. Bring a t-shirt!
9. Greater Shiloh Church holds a 5K Walk/Run Saturday to benefit the American Cancer Society and Nehemiah House, a 12-bed transitional housing program for addicts organized by Greater Shiloh. Registration is $30.
10. The Easton Area High School Vietnam War Memorial Committee hosts a Battle of the Bands Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at the high school auditorium. Bands include Tower Suite & Friends, Inch and the Echoes, and The Tempo Band.