Lehigh Valley entrepreneurs launch MenuGenie.com
Entrepreneurs Bill Lamb, Mark Koberlein, Danny Youssef and Gus Elias have each made their own magic in the Lehigh Valley business community by creating successful businesses.
Youssef created DAY Vision Marketing, an Allentown-based firm that develops web sites, e-commerce tools, and content management systems for companies and brands. Lamb founded American Home Medical Equipment & Services in Allentown, which he recently sold. And Koberlein, a well-known web development consultant, created Code Paint LLC in Breinigsville which develops apps. He is also the founder of the LV Tech group. Elias is owner and manager of Elias Farmers Market in downtown Allentown.
After more than a year of development they have rubbed their magic lamp and created MenuGenie.com, an online restaurant search and order portal that launched in late-spring. Through the site users can browse menus from local restaurants, place takeout orders, and process their payment all in one place. https://www.menugenie.com/
Here are a few facts about Menu Genie:
- The service is free to customers to use and only requires that they set up an account to use it.
- Customers search for the type of cuisine they are interested in and their current address and a list of results will appear. Once the order is placed the customer goes to the selected restaurant to pick up their order or has it delivered to their address if delivery is offered.
- The web site is mobile-friendly so customers can place orders from their cell phone, tablet or desktop computer.
- For participating restaurants, there are no set-up fees or monthly fees, and no contract either. They only pay when an order is placed. The fee is a percentage based on the amount of the order.
- Participating restaurants are located in the Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton areas and include: Bamboo, Grille 3501, The Burger Shack, Hunan Springs, Roma Ristorante and over 40 more with new dining options coming online each week.
- Online restaurant ordering sites are most often found in major cities, but not very often in mid-sized markets. So Bill, Mark, Danny and Gus plan to focus on those areas for future growth of Menu Genie in other regions of the Mid-Atlantic States.
- The Community Giveback Program provides an ongoing fundraising opportunity to local non-profit organizations and school groups who register with the site a percentage of each order dedicated to the group.